My Work Experience – Résumé
FREELANCE WORK: See Portfolio for Examples
Web Design – Social Media – Graphic Design – Photography/Videography
Event Planning – Marketing Communications – Awards
- Author Websites: Barrie Summy, Carl Vonderau, Bev Hamowitz
- Write Out Loud San Diego: three iterations of their WordPress website and monthly upkeep.
- Sisters in Crime, San Diego (Partners in Crime chapter): designed current site, maintain it
- San Diego Shakespeare Society: Designed their first WordPress site (current version is only slightly altered).
- International Society for the History of Rhetoric 2005 15th Biennial Conference. University of Southern California. 2004-2005. (website no longer online). Site’s backend allowed for submissions of papers in four languages, and allowed judges to rank them and organize into panels which was then displayed on the front end and participants could build custom schedules.
- Writing Program, University of Southern California. 2000-2004. (website no longer online)
- Writing Center, University of Southern California, 2000-2004. (website no longer online)
- Buzz Aldrin Limited Edition Book for Coconut Rose Rare Books (website no longer online)
- Bev Hamowitz:
- Carl Vonderau:
- San Diego Writers, Ink:
- Write Out Loud SD:
- Left Coast Crime 2020:
- San Diego Shakespeare Society:
- Janis Brown & Associates:
- Poway-Midland Railroad:
- Tom Swift Convention:
- Security Company:
- HowDoIMarketMyBiz.com (no longer in business): Multiple clients including dentist, dermatologist, vinyl wall decoration company. Jul 2010-Jul 2011.
Promotional materials such as bookmarks, postcards and magnets plus logos, book covers, and social media images
- Author Kathy Krevat: two postcards (doublesided), bookmark (doublesided), magnet (see portfolio for examples)
- San Diego Writers, Ink: postcards, bookmarks, Blazing Laptops fundraiser logo, Fall for Writing conference logo, flyers, etc.
- Sisters in Crime, San Diego: Chapter logo and Mystery on the Shelf logo, flyers, signs, anthology pop-up sign, etc.
- Left Coast Crime 2020: Event logo, 30th anniversary logo and pin, t-shirts and book bags, program book and mini-program, etc.
- Konstellation Press: promotional bookmark, two book covers
- Tom Swift Convention: t-shirts and book bags, book, signs, flyers
- Graphic Artist/Desktop Publisher: Metron, Liberty Station office, Mar 2009-Mar 2010. Two logos and favicons, graphics for multiple top secret Powerpoint presentations for military accounts.
- San Diego Writers, Ink: Social Media videos and event photography for six years (see portfolio).
- Write Out Loud San Diego: Video for several Twainfests, photos and video at performances.
- Author Carl Vonderau: Video for Thrillerfest 2020.
- Peninsula Singers: event photography at fundraiser (see portfolio).
- Poway-Midland Railroad: photography used in social media, on signs, in brochures (see portfolio).
- Co-Chair, Organizing Committee, Left Coast Crime 2020: National conference of 750 people. In addition to designing logo, pin, program booklet, flyers, advertising, etc., I also was heavily involved in all aspects of planning and organizing the event. (see portfolio)
- Janis Brown & Associates: For marketing firm, I planned promotional events for three malls. Arranged Farmers’ Market events, planned seasonal events including Santa and bouncy houses, and arranged for giveaways, fashion shows, and other attractions.
- Producer/Organizer for Celebrity Sonnets: San Diego Shakespeare Society. North County: June 2012 & 2013. Old Globe: October 2012 & 2013. Arranged for celebrities to perform and organized event.
- Co-Organizer, CafePress Designer, and Publicity Director, Tom Swift 100th Anniversary Convention: July 16-18, 2010. Jul 2009-Jul 2010. Three day event with tour, two dinners, two performances, a display room, and two days of talks.
- Vice-President of Administration, Poway-Midland Railroad Volunteers: Nov 2008-Jul 2010. Volunteer dinners/events and volunteer retention.
- Member, Organizing Committee, San Diego Booksellers Association: Book Collecting Seminar and Charity Auction. 1996-1997.
- Co-Chair, Organizing Committee, Dept. of English, Washington State University: New Approaches to Medieval and Renaissance Texts Symposium. 1993-1994. One-day conference with graduate students from four states plus Canada. First time the English Department held a graduate student-led conference.
Blogs, newsletters, flyers, advertisements, etc.
- Left Coast Crime 2020: Monthly newsletters, flyers, ads, etc.
- Publicity Chair and Social Media Manager, San Diego Shakespeare Society. Sep 2009-Jul 2013. Designed flyers, trifold brochures (2 styles), bookmarks, banners, signs, pop-up sign, newsletters, etc.
- Publicity Director, The Importance of Being Earnest at the Coronado Playhouse: Apr-Aug 2010. Designed business cards for each character plus postcards, posters, and advertisements.
- Media, Marketing, and Communications Coordinator, San Diego Writers, Ink. Membership letters/cards, email blasts, social media, graphic design, photography and videography, and more. Part-time work (20 hours/wk). Jan 2013-Feb 2019.
- Janis Brown & Associates: copywriting for weekly newsletter plus social media for South Carolina mall’s farmers’ market, copywriting for monthly newsletter for a second mall, and copywriting for a Del Mar, CA mall’s weekly newsletter and social media. Arranged ads for several magazines and at the San Diego County Fair.
- Golden Gumshoe Award: Volunteer of the Year. Sisters in Crime, San Diego. Nov 2016.
- Conference Choice Award: San Diego State University. Awarded by Martin Biro, Kensington Press to the first ten pages of my novel “Deadman’s Switch.” Jan 2016.
- Star Awards: Volunteer of the Year. San Diego Shakespeare Society through the San Diego Performing Arts League annual event. Sept 2012.